Activities on Lake ComoLake Como
, with its attractions and potential, is able to satisfy different needs, passions and interests:Culture and landscape:
With the fleet of boats and hydrofoils of the Navigazione Lago di Como you can discover the whole lake; many of the beautiful Villas and Palaces located on the shores can be seen only from the lake. Absolutely to visit:
- the spiritual places: Piona bay with its Abbey, the Sacro Monte and the Sanctuary of Ossuccio;
- the town of Gravedona with its fascinating inlet, the Palazzo Gallio and the churches of Santa Maria del Tiglio and San Vincenzo located directly on the lake, the narrow streets of the historic center in loc. Castle;
- the historic town of Dongo renowned for the events linked to the end of the Second World War: capture of the Duce Mussolini, with the Museum of the Resistance and the Palazzo Manzi in which the Golden Hall stands out;
- the village of Menaggio with its beautiful lakefront;
- Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo, internationally recognized destination for its magnificent botanical park (70,000 square meters open to visitors) and the museum structures containing masterpieces by Canova, Thorvaldsen and Hayez;
- Bellagio, "the pearl of the Lario", with its elegant hotels, shops and restaurants in the picturesque historic center;
- Varenna which preserves intact its original characteristic of fishing village, with its romantic cantilevered walk over the lake, and its splendid villas among which Villa Monastero stands out;
- Villa Balbianello, property of the FAI, with its magnificent and very particular garden, also location of films and advertising services;
- excursions to places of archaeological and naturalistic interest: Pian di Spagna protected oasis, Isola Comacina, Orrido di Bellano, Val d’Intelvi with its Balcony of Italy on the Sighignola Peak.
From the residence you can easily walk to the shore of the lake where you can walk the pedestrian and bicycle path to the villages of Dongo and Gravedona where you can find nice bars and typical restaurants.
The Alto Lario, completely swimmable, is a paradise for water sports lovers; you can practice sailing, water skiing, windsurfing, and kitesurfing or rent motorboats without a license.
Even those who love the mountains can really experience great emotions, from simple routes to the most challenging itineraries for real experts. Numerous and fascinating half-way routes are also available for bikers.
In Menaggio (about 15 minutes by car) golf enthusiasts can enjoy one of the oldest Golf Clubs in Europe.
In Val Bodengo in Val Chiavenna, about 30 minutes by car, you can practice Canyoning with both basic and expert routes. In Colico in the Fuentes locality, those who love horseback riding can find horse stables.
At the restaurants or trattorias of the place you can taste the flavors of the Lario and the neighboring Valtellina:
- rustii (bread, potatoes, cheese and butter);
- taroz (potatoes, green beans, cheese and butter);
- spoon gnocchi seasoned with butter and sage;
- polenta (polenta uncia, polenta taragna, polenta and braised beef, etc.);
- grilled meat (sausage, skewers and pork ribs);
- missoltini, carpione di lago, lavarelli;
- bresaola della Valtellina (with oil, lemon and flakes of parmesan cheese);
- various cheeses (semuda, casera, bitto, etc.);
- sweets (braschin, miascia);
- Valtellina wines (Valtellina, Sassella, Grumello, Inferno, Sfursat, .....)
your holiday at BELLA VITA Residence by VR Lago
enchanted places and landscapes, water and mountain attractions and a nice typical cuisine accompanied by a good local wine